Thursday, April 15

- SLEEPY TIME

I realized after the first week at my new job that I should've faked being a narcoleptic. If I had come in the first day, sat down with my boss and said:

"I have to let you know about a medical condition of mine. I have mild narcolepsy, so occasionally I will just fall asleep. It will look like I've passed out for a few minutes and the best thing you can do is just let me wake up naturally."

Basically I would have been able to take a 5-10 minute snooze right there in my bosses office or during an important (but probably boring) meeting.

Now, I work at the Dept of Health and Mental Hygiene, so they have to be sensitive to certain things like that. I would have waited until the first day after being hired since they could never fire me for a medical thing. It would have been the perfect plan. I seriously thought about it during an early meeting the first week I was here. I think its too late now, maybe next job.. or for anyone else out there you can try it and let me know how it works out for you.

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home