Thursday, April 15

- SLEEPY TIME

I realized after the first week at my new job that I should've faked being a narcoleptic. If I had come in the first day, sat down with my boss and said:

"I have to let you know about a medical condition of mine. I have mild narcolepsy, so occasionally I will just fall asleep. It will look like I've passed out for a few minutes and the best thing you can do is just let me wake up naturally."

Basically I would have been able to take a 5-10 minute snooze right there in my bosses office or during an important (but probably boring) meeting.

Now, I work at the Dept of Health and Mental Hygiene, so they have to be sensitive to certain things like that. I would have waited until the first day after being hired since they could never fire me for a medical thing. It would have been the perfect plan. I seriously thought about it during an early meeting the first week I was here. I think its too late now, maybe next job.. or for anyone else out there you can try it and let me know how it works out for you.