Tuesday, May 11

- $5 COFFEE

I just got back from Starbucks. It was a tough decision whether or not to go in since I haven't bought a cup of coffee from them in probably 3 years. Reasoning being both their business practices and the fact they are everywhere and invade every neighborhood possible in this city (and others I'm sure)

My bank gave me a free $5 card for starbucks yesterday so I had to decide whether I was going to use it or give it to a friend. I decided to go in and spend it.. I bought some iced caramel mochiitao thing which cost about $4.25. I can't believe people spend that much on a cup of coffee sweetened with some syrup. Does that make me sound like an old lunatic saying that? I mean no alcohol and still almost 5 bucks! anyway I'm drinking it right now and I'm really not too thrilled with it.

I ended up giving the remaining 75 cents on the card to a customer who was sitting there drinking his coffee. I have to say I'm happy to see that they now offer Fair Trade coffee even though it costs a little more and there was only one flavor to choose from, still that is a good start for them.

1 Comments:

At 4:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't make fun of Starbucks. You're just jealous because you know their coffee is so much better than the dumps where you buy your crappy stuff, stupid jerk head!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home