Monday, March 27

- SNOPES AND TACO BELL

Snopes is one reason I love the internet

Taco Bell is disgusting.

To begin with, I had a great sushi dinner Saturday night in CT for a friends birthday party. We had spicy crab, tuna, and sweet potato tempura rolls, all excellent. The following day we did a lovely brunch at Adriennes, a New Englandish type restaurant up in New Milford Connecticut. The meal was accompanied by a basket of fruit and freshly baked muffins and breads. The chef came out during our meal to say hello and see how everything was. A fine experience it was.

Then for dinner we decided to take 10 major steps backwards in our culinary adventures for the weekend and stopped at Taco Bell. I haven't eaten at Taco Bell in literally a decade, and I remembered why last night. We ordered some of these newly devised food products like the Chulupa and some strangely enclosed quesedilla type thing. Also we got an order of nachos (and 2 diet cokes which were the best part of the meal by the way).

As we were eating in the car Jordana mentioned how everything tasted exactly the same..from the nachos to the chalupa things. Then she asked, "Is this real cheese?" I lied to her and said, "Yes of course." I honestly didn't think it was but didn't want to gross her out.

We both ended up feeling sick for the rest of the night. That food could have been mushed together in a tube and squeezed out onto a spoon and would taste exactly the same. I think it will be another 10 years before I eat there again.

Today I looked up Taco Bell on google, hoping to find some good stories but couldn't find much. I did however see a few things about their meat being "Grade D, fit for human consumption" and promptly went to my favorite fact checking website, snopes.com

Snopes if you're not familiar with it, is a great site to check up about those emails you get from random people about some Russian diplomat wanting to wire you a million bucks, or some crap like that. They have pretty much every urban myth you can think of and let you know the origin and how much is true.

Anyway they basically give a rundown and presented the information about Taco Bell and McDonalds not having "Grade D meat" but then again it isn't the same meat you get in restaurants..I'm sure some of it is pretty nasty (as is evident when eating it).

Anyway Taco Bell is fucking gross. I wish I hadn't eaten there. It's almost 24 hours later and my stomach is still making noises.

Gross.

5 Comments:

At 7:07 PM, Blogger Emily Farris said...

I hear ya, but every once in a while, you gotta have the bell.

 
At 8:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The most disturbing thing about that post is that in 10 years, you may eat it again.

--Doronit

 
At 9:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Taco Smell is fantastic and if you ate it more often your wussy system would learn to take it. Remember after the world ends, only rats will survive, learn to eat like a rat.

Fianna

 
At 10:37 AM, Blogger Daniel said...

I don't think rats even eat there.

 
At 4:54 AM, Anonymous EvergladesNoBoesNoMoes said...

Groovy Dan baby dadio cat. I was grooving on the vibes your blog for once in a blog moon. Most blogs are just so jejune.
Then I saw that you relate to the camera much as I do. I find your portraiture reflects an unparalleled sensitivity and expertise.
I especially love the one of Tiger Woops as a young slanty squinty sexist bastard. The young one of Conan Potato's Obrien, and Martha The Shiv Stewart we equally as repellant (just the subject matter) yet fragrant, in a "Wow how'd he get that lighting" kind of way.
I see you are in CT? How many lesbians are in CT now? When I was in Maine a few years ago I think the ratio was 9 'Bos to 1 woman who usually was a tourist.
I'm from Orange Co. California and no all you Eastern ill-bred rabble it's not called "Cali", in fact I've never heard that until I came to this coast. But in the west we only have a spare Lesbo about once every two or three blocks. They are usually quite smart except for the fact they hate men but try to dress like them. When we were kids we called them tomboys. I like girls who can put a hook into a worm but not ones who insist on putting a strap-on into a monkfish.
Nonetheless, fun interesting people, the 'Bos, among all the other culture shock in the New England, it was quite a "ball blower" to see that many of them and one had to wonder why only until one meets the "men" in New England. Holy what a load of emo pussies Batman.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home