Tuesday, January 24

- MY BIRTHDAY

God I'm 30 can you believe it? Kinda depressing but kinda like so what..don't feel any different.

I thought my sock was just uncomfortably positioned on my commute to work today but then I realized it must be something else. So I took my shoe off when I got to my cubicle and saw there was a rubber band inside my shoe. AH HA! better than finding a bunch of razor blades I suppose.

For my birthday today the word of the day, on a vocabulary calendar a friend at work gave me as a present is:

haptic
\'hap-tik\ adj: relating to or based on the sense of touch

Mark could differentiate the various kinds of yarn purely by haptic clues.

I sat for a minute and thought to myself that this wasn't a very good word of the day for my birthday..quite boring in fact. I don't like it at all! Attempting to find a more fitting word I decided to flip randomly to one that would really say something to me. I was looking for a sign, something dramatic, something momentous! I stopped flipping on May 21. The word was:

zwieback \'swe-,bak\ n: a usually sweetened bread enriched with eggs that is backed and then sliced and toasted until dry and crisp

Our favorite cheesecake recipe calls for finely crushed zwieback crumbs for the crust.

5 Comments:

At 1:59 PM, Blogger Big Tom said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!

 
At 2:02 PM, Blogger Emily Farris said...

Zwieback? Babies like to chew on Zwiebacks when they're teething. What an interesting connection on your 30th birthday. Why did I not know you were 30? (I just refrained from asking "why did I not know you were that old?" because, really, 30 is not old.)

 
At 7:35 PM, Blogger BLAND said...

Happy birthday, old fart. From my daily He's Just Not That Into You desk calendar:

Tuesday, January 24
Beware of the word "friend." It can often be used by men or the women who love them to excuse the most unfriendly behavior. Personally, when I'm picking friends, I like the ones who don't make me cry myself to sleep.

Well, Daniel. Wishing you the happiest birthday and hope you surround yourself with people who don't make you cry this year. And I promise not to kick you in the balls next time we see each.

 
At 11:11 PM, Blogger Emily Farris said...

Sorry I pooped on festivites...TWICE. I'm siiiiiick. Happy birthday and we'll go for a drink to celebrate next week.

 
At 8:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What? No pics? For shame!

-Doronado

 

Post a Comment

<< Home