Thursday, December 29

- I AM A MASTER SUSHI CHEF

Being a master sushi chef is not easy. You have to study for years and years to achieve that status. Even something as simple sounding as making sushi rice is an art that can be studied for countless hours. When you finally get to cutting actual raw fish..well forget about it.. you people just wouldn't understand.

I've come so long since my humble start as a fortune cookie writer, to bus boy, to waiter, and to finally got getting my shot behind the sushi bar.

People are hesitant seeing a white boy like me slicing their Toro up but when it melts in your mouth like that chocolate bar you had forgotten about in your back pocket on that scalding hot day in July and didn't notice it until you got home and sat down on your bed, well..... What was I saying? Oh yeah the sushi I make. It's fan-fucking-tastic.

my former life

7 Comments:

At 6:03 PM, Blogger BLAND said...

Did you know women aren't generally allowed to be sushi chefs because our hands are warmer?

 
At 1:58 PM, Blogger Daniel said...

I'm sure there's more reasons than just that.

 
At 4:38 PM, Blogger BLAND said...

http://bayosphere.com/node/630

Read the third to last paragraph....

 
At 7:29 PM, Blogger Emily Farris said...

i can only see one picture... the other is blocked by your sidebar. more sushi chef!

maybe it's only my tiny screen...

 
At 9:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

eefers, if you click on the one image, you will link to his other images... all of them... get a good look at the artist known as Daniel

Fianna

 
At 9:57 AM, Blogger Kris said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 9:58 AM, Blogger Kris said...

I love it Daniel-san.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home