Monday, December 5

- FACT OR FICTION II

Part two in my installment of this popular game. The home version is available here: Show them what they've won!

Ok so actually that was just Part I, the original post.

Anyway let's play. Again.

I will create two scenarios/scenes/situation/thoughts/ideas or whatever. One will be undoubtedly True and the other will be positively False. You guess which is which. I will leave the answer in the comments section eventually. Maybe.

A)

I went to lunch today with a friend from work. It was one of those deli sandwich/salad places which are quite common in my downtown area. We were on line waiting to order while a woman next to us was paying for her sandwich: Roast beef with swiss, lettuce, tomato, red onion, and mayo. I made the comment to my friend, "That sounds good maybe I'll get that."

The woman must have overheard me and kinda smiled while giving me a smirking wink/nod like she was my grandfather congratulating me on figuring out a puzzle. There's only so much credit one can give themselves or in my case accept about two random people having similar good taste in a deli sandwich. In the grand scheme of things it really means nothing.

Or does it? Wait and see.

After paying for her sandwich I guess her cell phone started vibrating and she grabbed for it and began talking quite frantically to whomever was on the other line. I'm still not sure if the news was good or bad but obviously it was something which provoked her enough to hang up the phone and prepare to run out of the deli. Before she did though she handed the sandwich to me and said, "I know you were going to order this anyway so take it, I have to run and don't have time to eat right now."

I took that sandwich and ate it. But the thing I never got to tell the woman is that I would have put it on a hard roll, not white bread. That crazy bitch.

B)

I was on the subway last night snugly wedged between a sleeping woman and an old Russian man who smelled like oranges for some reason.

I knew he was Russian from the paper he was reading.

I knew he smelled of oranges because he smelled like fucking oranges.

A homeless woman entered the scene and began her well rehearsed plea for some change, any change, to help her get something to eat. As she made her way through the car a nice gentleman gave her a dollar bill. She continued on her path and then stopped, backtracked and stood a few feet away from this kind soul who gave her the money.

She looked up at something above her and starred for awhile. Several people in the car were quiet, their eyes transfixed upon this woman. She stood and starred..For awhile (like I just mentioned before).

Then she looked down at the guy and gave him back his dollar. He was obviously dumbfounded, as was I. He looked around with an awkward smile painted on his face and put the dollar back in his pocket.

Then I looked up to see what the woman was starring at. What could she have seen that changed her mind about taking the money? I was expecting to see some kind of religious poster or scribbling or I don't know what I thought I would see. Then I saw it.

An ad for a local technical community college. That was it. What the fuck?

8 Comments:

At 11:59 PM, Blogger Emily Farris said...

B is true.

 
At 9:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your so skinny these days, I'm going to say A is true cause she probably thought you could use a sandwich. But then, the price of sandwiches lately... maybe she would have taken it with her... eh, no way a homeless woman would give back a dollar, I sure as hell wouldn't! A is true.

Fianna

 
At 9:34 AM, Blogger Kris said...

I agree with eefers, B is true. Weird though

 
At 1:53 PM, Blogger BLAND said...

A is true. No one gives back money they just asked for unless it's covered in poo or foot sweat. Also, women would never even consider going to tech school. Sorry, ladies. It's true. We're just not built way. And hell, we shouldn't have been given the right to vote either. Pregnant, barefoot in the kitchen or begging in the subways is where we belong.

 
At 3:10 PM, Blogger Daniel said...

AMEN SISTAH!!

Again respones are weak. I need a few more guesses before the TRUTH is revealed.

 
At 6:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

dirty thirty says-

dan smells like poo and sometimes worse than a homeless man...

A is true.

a woman asking for change and then returning it? could happen but the magic 8 ball says... "unlikely"

 
At 11:49 AM, Blogger Big Tom said...

A is true

 
At 9:13 AM, Blogger Emily Farris said...

I'm starting to rethink my choice, and admit I skimmed the posting and did not read it thoroughly. Tell us already! P.S. You missed a very festive party on Saturday night. I think you would have enjoyed it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home