Friday, October 22

- IS ALASKA FOR REAL?

I emailed this to Frank Murkowski, Governor of Alaska. I'm sure I will get some kind of response but up to this point I haven't heard back yet:


Dear Alaska,

I was thinking about this the other day and wondered aloud, "Is Alaska really a state?"

I know Americans are familiar with the word "Alaska" but no one I've ever met has actually been there. Come to think of it, I've never met someone claiming to have lived there at any point in his or her life. When people think of Alaska the only thing that comes to mind is cold weather. But in reality if no one has ever been there how do we know how cold it really is?

Does Alaska contribute to the real United States in any way? Do you guys give us oil or something? Or provide logs? I know Hawaii is also a so-called state but they have a little more to offer us here on the main land than you guys do. Hawaii is like America's vacation state for people who can stand long plane rides. Can someone please provide me with a few examples to justify your membership among the rest of our states? Did Canada ever try to buy you from us?

I mean no insult by this email. I am just trying better understand what is Alaska and how can I prove it really exists? Thank you for your time.



Sincerely yours from a concerned citizen,

Daniel Krieger.

1 Comments:

At 6:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It would be hysterical if the Govenor of Alaska had nothing better to do than answer your questions.

Fianna

 

Post a Comment

<< Home