Tuesday, June 21

- GAY MARRIAGE

I think if I was gay I would be a lesbian.

I'm completely supporitive of gay marriage but was just thinking about what a gay couple does with their last name when they get married? I'm figuring if one of the guys loses out and takes the other guys name, the winner really gets to say that he "Wears the pant in the family." But when you think about it they both wear the pants. Even in lesbian marriages both women probably wear pants quite often. Or jeans.

Since when did all of this become socially acceptable? I think its just wrong. The pants thing I mean, I wish people dressed like they did in the olden days, and referred to them as slacks. Sometimes watching old movies I'm fasicinated about the stuff like that in the background. For example, where did they get their food from? There was no King Kullen, no Shop Rite no Fine Fare no Piggley Wiggley no House of Food (I made that last one up).

And their attire, it must have been a pain in the ass to hand stitch all of those clothes. I guess that's why they didn't wash them often. GOD people must have stunk like melted brie cheese back then. What were the people in South East Asia doing in the days before the Gap, Old Navy, Banana Republic (all the same company by the way) moved in and rounded up all the teenage girls to work for 20 cents an hour?

And how come no one asks me, "How was your night last night?" during the week but they always ask how my weekend was on Monday. I'm a loser dude so the weeknights are about as exciting for me as the weekends.

For example last night I......

9 Comments:

At 10:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Technically since your not gay and are male and like females...aren't you a lesbian?

Just thinking out loud before my coffee.

Fianna

 
At 12:56 PM, Blogger Lulu said...

They got their food at Walmart. Duh!

Walmart has always been around. It's fact.

 
At 4:10 PM, Blogger ms. jared said...

if they're liberated they keep their own names.

xoxo, jared

 
At 1:26 PM, Blogger Emily Farris said...

If I get married, it will be to a man. And if I get married, I will keep my name.

 
At 5:40 PM, Blogger Emily Farris said...

Not me. Getting married won't change who I am. I am Emily Farris. Not Emily Farris-Whomever. I think that is an outdated ritual. But to each his or her own.

 
At 11:33 PM, Blogger Daniel said...

I am a firm believer in the woman keeping her own name and IF I ever get married I would except the woman to keep her name..unless it was like Dinklebutte or something..in which case I would probably be like..uh yeah you can grab that Krieger last name if you want. My sister kept her name and I gave her mad props for it.

 
At 9:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So what happens when you have kids. They take the father's name. The mother keeps her own name. She's the only one not named with the same last name in that immediate household. Could be strange and make the kids wonder.

Fianna

 
At 11:14 PM, Blogger Emily Farris said...

My mom had a different last name than I did. I didn't "wonder." My parents told me why we had different last names. That was that. My mom and I have different last names. My last name is Farris. I love my name and I'm not giving it up.

 
At 12:09 PM, Blogger ms. jared said...

i have my "father's" name and my mom has a different last name. i haven't seen or heard from said "father" in over twenty years. what i always wondered was why i didn't have my mother's last name since she's the one who squoze me out.

(yes, squoze is a word.)

i think i'm just going to make up my own last name. it's going to be awesome! jared awesome. awesome!

xoxo, jared

 

Post a Comment

<< Home