Thursday, July 1

- PRETZEL TIME:

Auntie Anne can kiss my big white ass. Here is an email I received after sending in a complaint to the Auntie Anne's pretzel stand in Macys which I visited a few weeks back.. Hey I'm not mad because of the sign which read, "Ask for a free sample anytime." Which turned out to be a big lie. What twists my titties is the woman who worked there actually got pissed cause I wanted to try some funky flavor I never had before. I commented that the sign specifically says "Free samples anytime" and they shouldn't have a sign like that unless they are going to back it up. I guess legally that sign doesn't guarantee that your request will be met with a tasty free sample. Now that I'm re-reading it I realize it just gives you permission to ask, but doesn't mention whether or not you'll get anything.

Maybe the sign should have read, "Free samples on occasion, but don't push your luck wise ass cause we know you've eaten pretzels before so who really needs a sample anyway. Are you from Mars? Jerk."

Well that may be a bit long for a sign.

Here was Auntie Anne's response to me:

From: Lewisfoodsinc@aol.com
To: kreigerdaniel@hotmail.com
Subject: Auntie Anne's - Macy's
Sent: Wednesday, June 23, 2004 1:30 PM
Dear Daniel:

We operate the Auntie Anne's located on the 4th Floor at Macy's, Herald Square. We received your comments forwarded to us from Auntie Anne's home office. We are sorry that we disappointed you in not having samples available. We do sampling from time to time but not on a daily basis.

If you would like to take this email to our location the next time you visit Macy's, please bring it to the counter for a free pretzel. You can ask for Eva, our manager, however, anyone will be glad to accept this letter for your free pretzel.

Sincerely,


Marge Joyce
Vice President of Administration
Lewis Foods, Inc.

1 Comments:

At 10:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Auntie Anne pretzels are sooooo good. I think there is some crack in that gooey buttery sauce. Before you get all indigant about the lies behind their "free sample anytime" statement, remember- you get a free warm gooey pretzel!!! That would make my day.

Love,
Sam

ps- your blog is hands down the best of the two I've read; I will become a daily reader

 

Post a Comment

<< Home