Saturday, November 13

- WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN?

I know I haven't posted in a long, long time like longer than the beginning of that long ass Star Wars intro where you're like ok already just start the frigging movie cause that slanted writing is freaking me out making me think I'm going to lose the text up in the corner of the screen.

I guess I have been in mourning/hiding since the election. How someone worthwhile couldn't be pitted against Bush is beyond me. Almost half the country voted for someone they couldn't really get behind..just sad. They didn't really vote for Kerry in my opinion, they casted a vote against Bush. I just hope the next four years doesn't negatively change the landscape of this country forever, a country which I still love.

I have been busy trying to rent my apartment out for the month of December so I can sign this new lease on my sweet Brooklyn pad. Hopefully it will all work out. More posts to come don't fret my dears.

One thing I wanted to post is a little something about the election which made me proud. I realized after the election that all the women in my life right now voted against Bush. My mother, my sister, my grandmother, and my girlfriend all voted for Kerry. All of the women in my life are strong intelligent people with well crafted opinions and beliefs. They are forward thinking, liberal minded people have helped me to become the person I am today. I have always admired my mother's and my sister's ability to think creatively and outside the box. My grandmother constantly amazes me at the age of 80 as she discusses recent arty films and books that she reads (she reads like one a week which is a lot more than I do.) She also attends a current events class...I think she plays Canasta and stuff too but hey she's old give her a break.

And every woman I've dated has been smarter than me as well..I think I need that or I just would lose interest. But I still can whoop them all at trivial pursuit, and arm wrestling.

In closing I just had an idea. I'm going to copy and paste one of my old posts as a cover letter for jobs I'm applying to. What do you think about that?



1 Comments:

At 1:12 AM, Blogger Daniel said...

Dude how could you forget Scrabble. You were so nasty at scrabble during that stretch where you were ranked over 1000 on www.isc.ro

Remember playing 3 minute games and slashing the competition? Dude NO ONE could beat you during that time.. awesome!

-me

 

Post a Comment

<< Home