Thursday, December 2

- 3 CHINESE FORTUNES

There's a Chinese restaurant in Carroll Gardens Brooklyn named, "Me and My Eggroll." I don't get the names of some of these Chinese restaurants. What are they thinking when they name these places? I walked in there last night as I was scoping my new hood to grab a menu and was a little turned off because I saw several large garbage pails filled with fried noodles. I assume the pails are clean and they just make so many of the noodles everyday that they need large containers to hold them. Wait scratch that.. I don't assume those pails are clean. They are probably filthy considering the rest of the restaurant looked pretty humpitty dumpitty.

There's one spot uptown in my old neighborhood named, "U Like Chinese." Swear to god. The best has to be the one in Chinatown with the name, "New Big Wang Restaurant." Doesn't get much funnier than that. It's located on 1 Elizabeth Street, NYC. I assume they will answer with their name 212-219-3686. Give them a call.

So for lunch today I ordered soup and scallion pancakes from New Green Bo, whose name is not that bad so I don't need to mock it. I actually wasn't too hungry after the soup and didn't eat any of the scallion pancakes but I did have 3 fortune cookies.

I know that you and I both like Chinese cookie fortunes as much as we try to convince ourselves that they are quite meaningless, their tiny words leave huge profound impacts upon our lives. Well at least for the next 5-10 minutes after reading them.

I sometime keep favorites in my wallet for a few months or a few years depending how good they are. My last keeper was in my wallet for a good year. It said, "You long to see the Great Pyramids." Well honestly I really didn't, not until I read that fortune at least.

Today my 3 fortunes were:

1) Your family is one of nature's masterpieces.

Boy they nailed that right on the head.

2) Your luck has been completely changed today.

This was after losing a decent amount of money in the stock market this morning.

3) All the news you receive will be positive and uplifting.

I hope you're right ancient Chinese philosopher.

4 Comments:

At 10:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Keith and I ate chinese last night, he got a fortune that said "you will be showered with good luch." We assumed it meant luck or maybe lunch, or maybe it was a word we should go look up. Those fortunes always sound better when you add "in bed" after them anyway.

-Fianna

 
At 5:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hahaha those are funny. For some reason I saved one in my wallet that said, "Sometimes even love shows a re-run." Deep.

 
At 3:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I play the "in bed" game all the time. It only failed once.

Doronit

 
At 2:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

In San Fran we used to go to a place called the Lung Fung restaurant. These was always a cue waiting outside going all way around the block. What were we thinking?!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home