Wednesday, December 1

- WEDNESDAY

Right now there is a piece of tape stuck to the bottom of the wheel of my chair and it is driving me insane because it's kinda tucked into the wheel and I can't get at it without flipping my chair upside down and performing surgery on it. I believe it to be scotch tape but for all I know it could be masking tape or the dreaded duct tape which leaves that stringy-gooey-aftertaste. Is it Scotch or Scotched tape? Does it have anything to do with the Scotts?

My grandma passed away late last week and we had the funeral Friday and a friend of mine at work found out and went and told everyone at work. She sent an email to over 50 people and forgot to leave me off the mass emailing. So I received an email which said that the staff here is sending around a sympathy card to sign and donations will be accepted in order to get a "condolence basket" for me.

This friend who sent out that email was nice enough to call me on my cell this weekend and offer her condolences which I appreciated, but I mentioned to her about not making a big deal of it at work..And especially no balloons or presents or whatever, but then I get this today so I'm a little pissed.

I emailed her back asking what exactly the contents of a condolence basket are? I said, "Tissues? Books on dealing with Death? Maps to famous gravesites? Cadberry eggs? (I just threw that in because I was craving one at the moment)."

Everyone deals with Death differently and I don't like making a big deal of it. My grandmother had been sick for years with Alzeheimers and suffered several strokes and she is more comfortable and peaceful now so I feel good about that.

The tape is still making noise under my chair though. How annoying.

2 Comments:

At 10:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've been thinking of posting something on my site too, but it's a bit difficult. I'm having mom send me a nice picture of grandma. Now mom wants my URL though, and that concerns me.

 
At 4:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sorry for your loss. I know what it's like to watch someone go through that.

I'm also sorry to hear about your chair. What a pain in the ass!

Doronit

 

Post a Comment

<< Home