Wednesday, April 27

- MEET MY NEW PET

capt.sge.hhe46.150405174724.photo00.photo.default-378x279

Don't be scared little guy, Mingus isn't going to eat you. In fact I think he's more afraid of you then you are of him. I think that's why he has his head buried in his litter box right now.

Meet my new pet. He is a an aye-aye, a rare species of lemur from Madagascar, the first captive bred aye-aye straight out the UK from the Bristol Zoo Gardens. I bought him yesterday through some of my close connections at the Bristol Zoo.

I've named him Cutie-pie. He seems like a nervous little fellow but don't be fooled. As you can see on my hand is a band-aid that I had to apply after he gnawed off a small chunk of my finger while I was sleeping. Maybe I should get a cage for him but my friend said he likes to roam free. He also warned me that the first chance an aye-aye gets it will try to kill you by going straight for you neck. But, like one out of every 14,000 Americans I sleep with a motorcycle helmet on. Lucky for me.

4 Comments:

At 9:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think your lemur needs hair replacement surgery, obviously you freaked him out by bringing him home and he's been pulling his hair out trying to leave.

Do they have little lemur sweaters in pet stores? Cause he would look cute with a yellow striped one.

Anyway, congrats, hope you don't die.

Fianna

 
At 11:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why in the hell did you have to take this lemur out of its natural habitat? Do you think its cool to own something like that? Eventually, the only animals to see in the world will be in zoos, because people like you make it easy for people less fortunate to make money by taking animals out of the forests. Shame on you!

 
At 11:34 PM, Blogger Daniel said...

Wait a minute. Do you also think that my cat was actually elected the new pope. It was a JOKE... Man that is funny.

 
At 5:39 PM, Blogger Spinning Girl said...

Easy there, "anonymous". Don't you know bloggers lie? Jeez.
Anyhow--the aye0-aye has a super long 2nd finger for spearing grubs out of little holes in trees. I thought you should know, and maybe cover your nostrils.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home