Tuesday, June 28

- THE GREAT BANJO BAND BREAKUP

So, as I often do I found a funny picture on the internet and here it is:

redsusband

I was planning to find a picture of a banjo band and photoshop my head on one of the dudes. This was one of the best I found.

Obviously you notice that one of the guys has his eyes blanked out. At first glance I didn't think anything of it but then I started giving it some thought. I started giving it some thought because its 12:20AM on a Tuesday night and I don't feel tired and really don't have anything better to do. If you have an issue with that take it up my complaint dept.

So during the thinking process I thought to myself, what could possibly provoke the other band members to blank out Jimmy-Bob's eyes in this picture. I'm guessing he is no longer with the band. What happened? Where did the beautiful thing that was the THE RED SUSPENDERS STRING BAND AND LAUNDRY COMPANY, go wrong? And yes that is the name of that band I shit you not.

Were there creative differences?

Did Jimmy-Bob (I did make up that guy's name) have a direction in mind for the band that the other members refused to follow?

Did he show up to a jam session in yellow suspenders and piss everyone off? Maybe he had sex with Uncle Bo's ex wife (made that name up as well but let's consider him the guy in the lower left hand corner). I really don't know the answers to any of these questions but it does make me wonder.

What do you think happened?

OK, I gotta level with you. That top part was all a joke. The truth is that I am the newest member of that swinging sextet known as the THE RED SUSPENDERS STRING BAND
AND LAUNDRY COMPANY.

I got the job yesterday but until we played our first gig tonight I didn't want to jinx it.

Oh and I'm sleeping with that guy on the lower right, which is why my hand is so delicately touching his shoulder..Obviously.

the new fucking band

3 Comments:

At 12:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

He might have stolen some chickens off Uncle Bo's or Cletus' farm (let's say Cletus is the guy in the middle front). Another interesting thing about this pic is the young whippersnapper in the back left. He may be orchestrating a plan to phase out the fogies, replace them with spry 40-year-olds, and turn them into a Zeppelin cover band.

-Doronit

 
At 12:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think the guy blocked out refused to give permission for his face to be on the web becuase 26 years ago he went on a crime spree somewhere in kansas after reading On the Roa and realizing his life as an inssurance salesman was grim. After the crime spree, he started expressing anger with his base and he doesnt want the FBI to find him now

 
At 8:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree with Dorito. The wee man in the back is up to something fishy. I surely hope the FBI has him on their watch list. He may be part of the Junior Al-Quieda Leauge. He wants the band to get big and play in front of congress or a presidental ceremony, then his evil plans for the Banjo band will be revealed.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home