Thursday, July 7

- PHILADELPHIA THROUGH PICTURES

A friend of mine called me at work yesterday and asked if I wanted to do a one night road trip to Philly. When he said all expenses would be paid through his company and I could pick out whatever restaurant we would dine at for lunch the next day, I said I was in.

For about 5 solid minutes driving through New Jersey, there was a smell so bad I wanted to jump out of the window. I think it was right after the Verizano bridge:

highway

Arrived around 11:30 PM after somehow wandering off I-95 and driving into Delaware. Upon arrival we were starving and ate at the famous Pats King of Steaks which was pretty damn good but rather filthy for a food establishment. They have a celebrity picture of an NSYNC member on their website so duhhh I had to go.

Across the street is Geno's which is also famous. I almost ate another one there but didn't want to go to bed feeling too nauseous. My pic of Pat's didn't come out so here is one of Geno's instead:

steak shop

We met this crazy guy in a jumpsuit wandering around the cheesesteak district muttering a bit. When he saw me with my camera he said, "Wanna take a picture of me? Go ahead!!" So I did. He had a yellow jumpsuit/flannel pajama thing on under his coat. There must have been 30 cute girls in that area but I can't take pictures of women like that without the fear that one will yell out PERVERT!!! So you get this guy instead. I call him Jumpsuit Johnny:

jumpsuit johnny

Hotel room kinda sucked. I left my charger for my new phone there. Oh and I realized in my haste while packing I not only took two shoes from different pairs...but yes they were both for the left foot. What the hell is wrong with me?:

two left feet

Pete preparing for his business meeting before bedtime:

pete

Friday afternoon walking around Philadelphia saw some interesting people:

lounge break

Trumpet blower:

cat 2

cat 1

A cab driver fixing his flat:

cab driver 2

He needed to call for backup:

cab driver

The day finished with the Chef Tasting Menu at Morimoto for lunch. Thanks Pete:

morimoto


*If anyone is interested, most of these pictures were enhanced/cropped/adjusted using photoshop.

4 Comments:

At 11:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Are you sure that smell didn't come right before the Verrazano, say around the Bayonne exit? I find that it usually smells like Brussell sprouts there.

-Doronit

 
At 11:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Excellent work -- I love the the photo blog! That jumpsuit guy reminds me of Uncle Harry.

 
At 2:04 PM, Blogger Lulu said...

Awesome! Beautiful people pictures. I'm always scared to take them of people I don't know for fear of attack.

 
At 3:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great pictures. The guy sitting is my fave. Jumpsuit Johnny is totally sweating.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home