Thursday, July 27

- THE PRICE OF LEMONS

Who done gone and decided that lemons should be so fucking expensive? I think they're like 50 cents each now.. what puts them at such a premium over limes? I bought 8 fucking limes for a dollar a few weeks ago at the new Fairway in Red Hook, Brooklyn.

They have unreal full sour pickles there.. sooo good that I splashed some of the brine on my face like aftershave.. Jordana didn't think that was funny though.

But the lemons..why so expenive? I hate when things get expensive like a small bottle of soda for $1.25 WHY WHY

I came home tonight and thought some hooligans had thrown eggs on the back of my car but it turns out it was just bird shit.. I think the bird was ill because it was disgusting.. what's wrong with those things they just fly and shit fly and shit. If humans just crapped as they were walking I think our society wouldn't be as advanced as it is. What does all this have to do with the prices of lemons in Brooklyn?

nothing

Here's a picture of me that my friend at work took..she's leaving to be the medical director at some clinic in Queens and said she was going to miss seeing me with my helmet on just walking around the department of health looking like I wore it all day (not just to ride my bike) So I told her I actually went into the bathroom with it on at the end of the day yesterday and some guy looked at me kinda funny.. I realized that when someone wears a helmet into the bathroom they probably look like they shouldn't be in there by themselves.

especially when they wear shorts and look like this:

daniel rides again

6 Comments:

At 9:45 AM, Blogger Emily Farris said...

I think it depends on where you buy your lemons. I once nearly cried because I paid $2 for a banana in an airport. Those ass holes have you trapped; it's either a $2 banana or a $10 "snack pack" on the plane. But seriously, keep going to Fairway (which I have yet to try, but the BF finally got a bike so maybe we'll ride out there this weekend), and you won't have to pay $.50 for a lemon, right?

Glad to see you're blogging again. And you're so SKINNY! Helmets, especially in bathrooms, are very slimming.

 
At 12:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I personally like limes better than lemons, so I am not so outraged that lemons are so much more expensive. But the cost of male hookers has skyrocketed! They're, like, $45 an hour now!

-Doronit

 
At 5:27 AM, Blogger sensemanifold said...

My Grandma used to say, "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade". But it sounds like no one is handing over any lemons for free these days, so I am not sure if that clichè is still socially and economically relevant.

Helmuts in bathrooms on the other hand, will always be relevant in all circles until the end of time... I never go in without mine on.

And why does Doronit know the going rate of male hookers? That frightens me....

 
At 10:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

50 cents/lemon is a bargain based on the price of 99 cents a piece I saw today. I wanted one, but could't bring myself to pay the outragious price. I fear no one but the rich will ever know the taste of fresh lemonade again.

 
At 8:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i just left a seafood market this afternoon and paid .75 each for a lemon to make some lemonade.it seems outer banks nc is not immune to sky high prices.

 
At 4:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

LEMONS must be high priced all over the country.
Unless you have your own lemon tree you have to pay the price. Otherwise just stick to drinking water, not bottled though!
That's a ripoff!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home