Friday, August 6

- ANOTHER 15 MINUTES ALREADY?:

I mean my last brush with stardom was only a few weeks ago and now another opportunity presents itself.

But this time in the form of the WB network (insert GONG noise here)

A friend of a friend just got a job working on a new reality type home makeover show or something like that. The premise of the show as far as I can ascertain is a mixture of a Dr. Phil meets Queer Eye meets Trading Spaces. They are looking to do makeovers, reunite long lost loves, confront bullies of the past.. all that good stuff. And they send out people to your home to do what is needed. Basically to fix your sorry ass up.

So I got an email saying they need compelling people for the show from my friend asking if I or anyone knows someone who would want to be on the show.

Of course if you know me you know I love attention so I called up the friend whose number was on the email. After speaking with her on the phone, the first suggestion she had was to do a "Masculine Makeover" on me because I told her about my NY Times article and my propensity towards the domestic. I didn't really bite on that idea because I prefer to think of myself as balanced as opposed to lacking masculinity. So what if I have foot scrub in my bathtub buddy, doesn't mean I can't kick your ass in a bar fight. Well yes it does I don't like to fight or like the thought of having a tooth punched out of my mouth. ewwww!

An idea we both agreed may work is a makeover for my upcoming high school reunion. Since my friend went to high school with me and we were in the same grade I guess h had mentioned the reunion to her and said I've changed a lot since high school. I'm not so sure about that. I may be a bit more intellectual than I was in High School but I'm still pretty immature and goofy overall.

But I imagined rolling up with a camera crew to the reunion and started to think how hysterical it would be. I'm not thinking of this as, "Wow how cool would this be?!" I'm thinking more that it would be a total gag almost and just fucking funny as hell. Get me a 100 dollar haircut which will look the same as my $10 cut from Jose, my barber on 171st and Broadway. Take me shopping for a new outfit. I would show up on camera wearing a totally dorky outfit just to make myself look extra stupid. Pants pulled up to my ears. Then walk out of a store with nice new threads.

She mentioned me going from Geek to Chic. I could send her clips from my college tv show where I looked like a total moron. That angle could be easy because I have some really super embarrassing pictures from High School and did dress like a total dork, which I guess I still kinda do. Another thing is how I couldn't get a chick with a shotgun and a barrel. Wait that's a saying isn't it? No. No it isn't. Anyway I don't know what to think. Should I go for it? It might be a lot of fun. It might also be super embarrassing. I can't decide.

3 Comments:

At 2:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Go for it! You've really got nothing to lose if you were that geeky in HS. Though truly, you know I think you're sexy as hell just as you are ;-)

 
At 8:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i think your a total loser...the type of guy that trys to screw his bathroom shower faucet...and splats in his grandmas shampoo bottle

 
At 3:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What are you talking about? You are still geeky...you nerd!

-Lizzi

 

Post a Comment

<< Home