Tuesday, March 22

- OFFICE OFFENSE

Things I don't really like in the office.

One is when people talk to you very closely while holding their pen inches from your clothing. One slip and your shirt will be ruined with ink. Not just that but having to deal with the inevitable apologizing that will follow is almost as bad. If you're standing close proximity next to someone at their desk just put your fucking pen in your pocket or at least put the cap on it. And don't pick up my pencil, put it in your mouth, and then walk away with it.

What are you my dog? I mean seriously only a pet does something like that without thinking about it.


Another one is when I'm eating lunch at my desk and someone smells it and announces that, "Something smells good," and then reach their neck into my cubicle which inevitably is followed by the rest of their body as they hover over me saying how great that looks. I sometimes throw some food over the top of my cubicle hoping they will go chase after it, which they usually do.

I find it amusing that it's acceptable to stand there talking while I'm eating at my desk meanwhile if I bumped into these same people at a real restaurant we would barely nod towards each other in acknowledgement.

Or worse yet is you bringing food into my work space and standing there eating it. I don't want crumbs from a pretzel rod landing on my mouse pad thank you.

Anyone out there have coworkers who do offensive things?

8 Comments:

At 8:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Are you OCD, or have these things actually happened to you? Just wondering.

-Doronit

 
At 9:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I completely agree with the pen issue... I'm always stressed about people's pens coming anywhere in the proximity of my personal space... In one instance, a co worker of mine was talking o me motioning with his hands and I just starred at his pen the whole time, not even hearing his words muttered from his mouth..then in slow motion the tip of the pen ran right across my shirt.... what do you say? he was obviously embarassed....but all I could think was how careless can you be...people need to get their head in the games

 
At 9:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

There I am in my cube, food layed out all over, my snack over there, hot food over here, drink over on the left away from the computer...

Why oh why do my co-workers feel the need to see this and yet still bring folders over and then ask rudely...where do you want me to drop this on your desk? DONT! Go away! I'm eating my lunch, sure its at my cube, so technically I'm still at work, but I'm not working right now...its called lunch. You don't pay me for this hour...so don't put things for me to do on my desk right now! Wait till the hour is up.

I'm so putting up a curtain with a tension rod on my cubicle opening and perhaps one of those remote control doorbells. Or a door knocker. Do they sell those on velcro?

Fianna

 
At 11:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello...my boss brings her stupid toy poodle every day. EVERY DAY. And the dog barks...all day.

Hey, I quit my job yesterday!

 
At 6:50 PM, Blogger Carolyn said...

My office pet peeves:
#1: It seems I get hired on jobs by people (mainly men) who are less smart than me. Then they stand over my shoulder while I'm doing work they barely know anything about, yet they get paid the big bucks and take the credit.

#2: Last place I worked the dumbo actually locked the office supplies (including pens) in a filing cabinet. We had to fill out a requisition form to get one, and sometimes explain why we need one now when, according to his records, we just got one 10 months ago.

#3: I hate micro-managers! (See above) Always making big deals over a couple of minutes late or nobody stocked the coffee, or why you need a pen or an ink cartridge or a ream of paper to complete the job. The company can go bankrupt for all they care, but those pencils better only be sharpened when necessary. Micro-managers must be deleted from the system!

 
At 1:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

People who steal office supplies should never be allowed to be around people. I haven't had a 3-hole punch in months. In my dept, I have to chase down one person (I don't know his title, assistant of some sort) for any office supplies, then I have to hide them from everyone else, so these burglars have nothing to steal.

 
At 5:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lunch - Look, just tell the joker that you'll be with them as soon as you finish eating lunch...Nope, "can't visit while I'm eating. Too much work. That's why I'm eating at my desk."

Ball Point Pens - You're way too sensitive. In my 40 years in the workplace, I've marked up my own shirts, but I've never heard of anyone else slashing with their pen. If it makes you nervous, reach out and take the pen from their hand and give it back when they're ready to walk away ... are you sure you're not OCD?

Toy Poodle - might as well quit because a boss this weird is going to do other weird stuff as well. If you want to stay, tell the boss that the dog bothers everyone and wait for them to fire you ... then march over to the nearest EEO office and pick up your check till you find another job.

Less Smart - Your grammar tells us all that your boss was right...what does it mean "less smart than me." Do you mean he thinks "he's smarter than I."

Tight on supplies - Quit this job too. If they are that tight on pencils, they are even tighter on your check. You'll be sorry if you stay in this job.

Bottom line - Don't steal. Don't throw food. And, don't put up a shower curtain in your cube (dumb).

 
At 5:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Yeah ... one more thing ... don't use curse words and "blue language" on a blog (immature).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home