Wednesday, September 14

- NEW YORK CITY MAYORAL RACE

I don't think I've ever been as excited about watching a political news clip as I was last night.

Two dudes are in the final running to represent the Democratic party for Mayor of NYC. One Fernando Ferrer, who I think is going to wind up being current Mayor Boombergs sole opponent and Anthony Weiner.

The clip I'm spanking of was shown last night, for the democratic challenger Anthony Weiner. His crowd of supporters were raucously chanting, "WEINER! WEEEEINER! WEEEEINER!"

I loved it. It wasn't laugh out loud funny because it's clearly obvious the word weiner brings to mind hot dogs, wankers, dongs and dingys.

It was the subtly of the humor to me because I know deep down inside everyone who was at that rally chanting, had to consciously suppress the visuals and reality of his last name. You just can't fool yourself to thinking that the name Weiner is a normal last name like Schultz or Brooks or Rodriguez.

In a way I envy a man or woman who can stand there and proudly shout out that word, because I know I certainly could not do it.

To update: I just read that Weiner bowed out of the race, stating that the only time he would throw his hat back in the ring is if his challenger was named Ballsack.

7 Comments:

At 4:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

first person to comment!

 
At 4:34 PM, Blogger Emily Farris said...

And who did YOU vote for?

 
At 5:24 PM, Blogger Daniel said...

Last time I voted was for Clay Aiken. Oh that boy makes my knees shaky GIRL!

I knew you wouldn't like this one eefers :) Maybe the mighty Gawker will link to me but not likely.

Anyway I think BootieBurg is doing a fine job and my vote will most likely go to him.

 
At 9:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

you spelled subtlety wrong

 
At 12:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Was this Freudian or on purpose?

"The clip I'm spanking of was shown last night"

Funny either way...

 
At 2:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha ha... spanking... instead of speaking... so how much did you REALLY appreciate the chants of Weiner as you um "watched" the debates?

Fianna

 
At 2:18 PM, Blogger Daniel said...

Jess, it's always Freudian even when on purpose.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home