Monday, August 30

- THE RNC

The Republicans Not Cool Convention strolled into town this weekend and I was there front and center at the big protest rally. Actually I wasn't really part of the protest I just happen to get caught in it because I had to go to a store on 23rd street and walked through Union Square. Lots of Hippies in town who could benefit from a lesson in fashion and personal hygiene in my opinion.

I'm all for equality when it comes to women but come on ladies.. I'm sorry you just have to shave your legs and pits. If you don't it's kinda hard to differentiate between the two sometimes...might as well just date men I mean I have more in common with them anyway.

Walking to work this morning a woman was riding a bike with her friend and I overheard her comment. "It feels like there's a big fat sweaty Republican breathing on me." I found it amusing because in the city right now the presence of the Convention is felt all over, and the past few days have been quite humid and uncomfortable. Summed it up quite nicely I thought.

And just now I was carded for smokes. That hasn't happened in a long time so I was quite flattered and like an old woman fishing for more compliments I said, "How old do you think I look?" He said 21 which was fine with me.

If I look 21 though, how come I have so much trouble picking up girls on the college campuses? Oh right. It's probably the sunglasses, low cut raincoat, goggles around my neck, and the black socks pulled up knee high with leather sandal's. Yeah that might be it.

2 Comments:

At 2:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You will soon have trouble walking.

 
At 10:39 PM, Blogger sensemanifold said...

This one is hilarious, but all of these stories so far are great! I like the one about the miniature Chinese cooks as well.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home