Thursday, September 2

- BUCK FUSH

That's one of the t-shirts I like the most that I've seen around the city lately. I think someone should make one that says, Republicans can't dance. Have you seen them trying to dance at the convention? They look like they're having some kind of seizure or epileptic episode.

One thing I've noticed is how proud everyone seems at the RNC that we are at war. I understand having pride in your country, which I do. I also can understand the great respect given to our troops. What I don't like is how every speaker seems almost excited that we are at war. Of course we have to protect our country from terrorist threats, but does the current administration have to keep terrifying us into thinking they are the only ones who care if we live or die? The Bush league is trying to convince us of this. Well I just can't wrap my brain around it.

When the RNC came to town I don't think I was as upset as some of my friends, co-workers, and most New Yorkers I spoke to in general were. I thought it would be a good thing for our city and felt that this is a free country and we all should be objective (I admit I'm not always objective) and allow them to hold their convention here.

That changed for me the past few days as I've watched and read what is going on during the convention. As I just said I think everyone at that convention is proud and jubilant when talking about the war. I think there should be some acknowledgment of the thousands upon thousands of innocent people who have died in Iraq, not just capitalizing on and justifying everything Bush and the rest of his regime have done since 9/11. I don't see that.

Right now I'm watching Bush deliver his acceptance speech at the RNC. He just finished his line in Spanish which was almost as funny as the beginning of his state of the union address when he picked up a strategically placed Black child in the audience, who was basically set in place as he walked right for him. What I want to know is this. If Bush is ripping on Kerry for possibly raising taxes, how is he going to get all those amazing things he just proposed during his speech? And if we do get all those things, how is he going to pay for more wars? I just don't think it is mathematically possible. Then again I doubt Bush knows what the word "math" means.

My last thought. As I'm writing this, Bush just spoke this line. " I believe that government should try to help people improve their lives, not run their lives."

Why then would someone who said this try to make a constitutional amendment making gay marriage illegal? What way could the government possibly intrude into someone's life moreso than by telling them who they can and can't legally marry and live together happily for the rest of their lives?

Oh wait let me answer that. I know. George W. Bush is who. Man I can't wait for another 4 years of lies, innocent deaths, and a better life for the wealthy. GROOVY!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home