Monday, September 20

- FINALLY

As I discussed once or twice over the past month, I've been working on a 30 minute situation comedy/pilot script which I wrote for a contest Bravo TV is running. It'sn supposed to be a reality show about the making of a sitcom. You can check out the description HERE if you're interested.

What I wrote was along the lines of Office Space though I'm not claiming it to be anywhere near as funny as that movie, but my friend who worked on it with me seemed to think it came out pretty good. It is a love story about two robots. No actually it's a show about two friends who work in the city. One is Pakistani and one is Jewish. Guess which character I am? There are some funny parts but I wish I had spent more time and worked harder on it. I'm just so fucking lazy.

I'll try to have a link up to the script once I figure out how to make web pages for the document it's on.

The deadline was Saturday by midnight but most post offices in the city close at 4pm. I worked on it pretty much the entire day at work on Friday (don't read that last line if you work with me) then Friday night until about 2am. Woke up Saturday and worked on it some more and had to go to Kinko's and do some collating and editing and copying and shit. Spent about $40 there. What a racket they have set up, I can't imagine not owning your own computer and having to rely on a Kinko's...so unbelievably expensive. 50 cents a sheet to print out and $27 an hour to use a computer. GONE!

So I ran from Kinko's to the Cooper Union post office just as they were closing and walked out exactly at 3:59 PM. It brang back some good old college memories. Another college memory but unrelated is how I sometimes wore my pajamas to class. My god that was great you really can't do that in the workplace can you?

4 Comments:

At 4:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats! You'll have to tell us when it's going to run.

Doronit

 
At 11:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why is it we can't wear pj's to work? I mean that would save time in the morning figuring out what matches, plus you'd be more willing to work later hours cause you didn't feel the need to get out of your work clothes. My company will allow you to wear pj's, including footed pj's while you work. But no "just boxers" or "teddy's"...I can see how that could be distracting to others. Robes are ok though.

-Fianna

 
At 6:29 PM, Blogger rathwel said...

Um, I just came by to see if you had my stapler...

 
At 3:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I also submitted a script to Bravo.

From reading your post, I'm hoping that after all that work you did, you sent in three copies of the script. That was one of the requirements of the contest I had a feeling that many entrants would overlook.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home