Thursday, September 16

- NAME BRAND PRODUCTS

At the end of this meeting I was attending on "Foodborne Outbreaks," the speaker asked if anyone had any questions. I hadn't really been paying attention so I decided to ask the only question on my mind which was actually something unrelated but that I'd been pondering during the 1 1/2 hour lecture.

"Yes I was wondering if there really is a difference between the name brand Listerine mouth wash and the generic store manufactured brand, such as the Duane Reade brand version?" Said I.

"What? What are you talking about?" Said the lecturer.

"I mean I don't think there can be a fundamental difference in the product considering the active ingredients are the same on the back of both but for some reason I feel that I'm not buying the best product. I know the labeling is a a bit schizty and it looks like a cheap Chinatown Gucci knockoff but I mean come on you're saving $2 on mouthwash. How can I pass that up?" Said I again.

Ok so I didn't really blurt that out but I was thinking it. It's amazing how I can sit through an entire meeting/lecture and think about these things rather than do work or pay attention to the topic at hand.

I also find it fascinating that after 28 years of age I'm still mortified to standup and walk out of a room filled with people if I have to go to the bathroom. In college I could understand because you're surrounded by a large group of your peers that you see on a regular basis around campus, in the dorms, and in class several times a week. These were people my age that I had to try to impress. I remember how if I had to go to the bathroom it would take many minutes of serious thought and planning to come up the best possible time during the lecture to leave the room. I would try to draw as little attention to myself as possible, usually by seating myself close to a door unless of course that meant sitting at the front of the room.

Now I am a working schmo though, and why should I care if I have to get up during a meeting to use the potty? I'm a grown man and I shouldn't, but I do.

1 Comments:

At 12:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you call it a potty still (like I do), then that should be your first indicator that even though your 28, it still matters to you to not offend or interupt the meeting.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home