Thursday, December 30

- BUSH ON VACATION

It's awfully nice to see that Bush could take a few minutes from his vacation to address the little situation that's happening over in one of those Asian lands. Do you think Bush can even spell Thailand?

I just read an op-ed piece in the Times commenting on the $15 Million dollars initially offered in relief by the United States. To put it in perspective the author made the comment that $15 Million is HALF the amount of money that the Republicans are planning to spend on the Bush inaugural festivities. When you think of it that way it's pretty shocking.

I guess we realized that we fucked up so changed the number to $35 Million and now say that is "only the beginning", that we will be giving more etc etc.

I'm sorry, but when you are the leader of the most powerful country on earth don't you think that you might cut your vacation a bit short when one of the largest natural disasters in our lifetime happens and there is chaos in a huge part of the world right now?

And this other guy, Secretary General Kofi Annan, was also on vacation but had to "Cut it short" to get back to the UN to oversee relief effort. DUH?! CUT IT SHORT? Don't we Americans have to come into work when we're sick or make extra efforts at work sometimes during a crisis. And this isn't like the fax machine is jammed and you're the only one who can come in to fix it, this is a huge deal.

I mean if you own a company and it gets destroyed in a fire don't you stop what you're doing and focus all your attention on that? I don't get it. These people are supposed to be serving our country not vacationing in Crawford Texas.

Honestly I wouldn't let Bush run a soda stand. I guarantee if I owned a newsstand and had several people apply for a job to run it, and I had never met or seen Bush and he applied, he would probably be last on the list to hire.

4 Comments:

At 5:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think they should just cancel the inauguration and kick in the other $30 million. Wait -- THIRTY MILLION DOLLARS for inauguration celebration? Are you sure? Sigh.

 
At 6:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

PS I have your cold now, thanks.

 
At 10:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah cold giver! Keith and I have been sick for a week now! I'm sending you the bill for tissues, robitussin, countless boxes of cough drops and cans of chicken soup. Where is my relief fund! I need relief and a vacation. dammit. oh wait, how did I just make this all about me again? dang...i'm good.

fianna
: )

 
At 2:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hear it's up to $350 million now...that meet your approval? :P

-Doronit

 

Post a Comment

<< Home