Friday, January 21

- BUSH, THE AMAZING

What Me Worry?

Does that picture just say to you, "What Me Worry?" And how about the deal with that dopey looking moron who seems to be growing out of the back of Bush?

I read a scathing op-ed piece in the Times today. Yes I know it is a liberal paper and their opinion pieces are extremely Anti-Bush. But how could anyone disagree with the shameful amount of money spent on the inaugural party last night. 40 million dollars? Are you shitting me?

Like the writer says, how could Bush be dancing and talking about freedom and never actually mention the war while thousands upon thousands of people have died in Iraq and there is no end in site. It was similar to listening to him speak at the RNC. If I didn't know what was going on and looked to my president for understanding I would be a very uninformed, ignorant person (which I am anyway). Shouldn't leaders be upfront with the people they are leading? I can understand some distraction techniques but I swear it's like no one explained to Bush that we are still at war and that people are actually dying. Does he turn on the television set or read the news at all? Who the hell is giving him his information?

This isn't acceptable for ANY president be you a democrat, republican or independent. You have a responsibility to be a great leader, how hard should that be to really find?

Can you imagine if troops in Iraq watched footage of Bush with his sugar coated speech and his wife in her fancy dress? I would be sick if I was giving my life for this country and realized my leader didn't give two shits about me. It reminds me of learning about Kings and how out of touch with reality they were. Sitting there with jewels dangling off their neck and wrists, laughing, drinking wine, ripping drumsticks off huge roasted turkeys. Meanwhile people were outside in the cold scrounging for food.

Kings like that don't last forever though.

2 Comments:

At 6:44 PM, Blogger Carolyn said...

I totally agree with your sentiment and your insight here. Seems to me the money spent on the inaugural could have been pointed toward Social Security or something to better serve the American people "who have spoken." I sure wish folks would wake up, don't you?
Carolyn

P.S. On a lighter note, I think the guy coming out of Bush's back looks like George from "Seinfeld", LOL!

 
At 8:45 AM, Blogger Tarique Naseem said...

The picture is actually showing Bush demonstrating his new trick of squirting a fat guy out of his arse.

Which is where most Republicans come from, I guess... :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home